French botanical extracts supplier, Naturex, took the NBT Awards most innovative ingredient prize for the ‘Utirose’ hibiscus urinary tract infection (UTI) offering it acquired as part of the Burgundy acquisition last year.
Naturex beat Kitozyme, BioCell Technology, Kaneka Pharma Europe and Lab Dom (Suisse) to the prize in a ceremony Wednesday night at the Starling Hotel during Vitafoods Europe.
Other winners were :
- Best new plant/process/technology – Capsugel
- Most effective marketing campaign – Lab Dom (Suisse)
- Outstanding application in health management – NourishLife
- Best new finished product – Lallemand
- Most improved product safety and quality – Horphag Research
- Most effective strategic product development – Kaneka Pharma Europe
- Environmental excellence – Croda
- Innovation in personal care - Indena