Our team of editors and conference producers are on the hunt for innovative new start-ups who are changing the face of the sports nutrition industry.
The Sports Nutrition Congress – held 25-26 September, as part of the European Week of Sport – aims to bridge the gaps between cutting edge science, business strategy and key regulatory developments in the sports and active nutrition marketplace.
Top-level speakers from the European Commission, Oxford University, and the APC Microbiome Institute are already confirmed for the event, alongside legal experts from Keller and Heckman LLP, Hyobates Consulting and ESSNA.
The congress, organised in partnership with The European Specialist Sport Nutrition Alliance (ESSNA), will bring together CEOs, academics and top researchers for two days of interactive presentations, debates and networking sessions that look to share new data, drive growth and aid product development in the sports and active nutrition category.
From insights on elite level sports nutrition for teams and individuals, to the growing importance of personalisation and the microbiome in sports nutrition strategies, the congress looks to bring together researchers, regulators, innovative start-ups and major industry players in an environment that breeds collaboration and encourages new ideas.
“Our new Sports Nutrition Congress, in partnership with ESSNA, will bring together delegates and speakers from all parts of the biggest category in the nutrition industry – creating real networking and learning opportunities for everybody in attendance,” commented Nathan Gray, senior editor at NutraIngredients.
“We have a fantastic agenda already in place, and some truly amazing speakers lined up to share insights on a huge variety of topics in the sports nutrition landscape.”
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING SNC?
Want to attend the Sports Nutrition Congress?
Top levels speakers already confirmed to join us in Brussels include:
- Florina-Andreea Pantazi, European Commission
- Orla O’Sullivan, APC Microbiome Institute
- Professor Kieran Clarke, University of Oxford
- João Gonçalo Cunha, KickUP Sports Innovation
- Pia Ostermann, Euromonitor International
- Katia Merten-Lentz, Keller and Heckman LLP
- Adam Carey, ESSNA Chair
- Alex Zurita, London Sport
- Professor John Brewer, St Mary’s University
- Tom Morgan, Lumina Intelligence
- Luca Bucchini, Hylobates Consulting & ESSNA Vice-Chair
Calling all Trailblazing start-ups!
A firm favourite at events in multiple categories including the Food Vision and Probiota series of events, our Innovation & Trailblazer sessions bring together established product developers and investors with a selection of entrepreneurial start-up who will present their innovations and mould-breaking approaches that are looking to change the face of the sports nutrition market.
As a Tailblazer start-up you will share the stage with our panel of entrepreneurs, incubation and investment specialists to discuss the latest trends in innovation – and gain feedback on your product, packaging and strategy, and will have the opportunity to ask questions and seek advice from the panel and from the wider community.
Already confirmed on our innovation panel are Alex Zurita – specialist advisor at London Sport and its incubator Sport Tech Hub – João Gonçalo Cunha, CEO of KickUP – a sports innovation platform to support the next generation of sports start-ups and corporate innovators - and Robert Walker, CEO of sports nutrition brand SCI-MX Nutrition.
Together with our innovation and investment experts, our trailblazers will discuss some of the key consumer trends and technologies they are tapping into and shine a spotlight on some of the opportunities (and pitfalls) that are out there. The unique opportunity allows you to engage with industry leaders and shape the debates affecting the global sports nutrition category.
Get in touch with Chloe Spears, to apply now for the chance to rub shoulders with senior industry figures, innovation gurus, and some of the world’s top performance nutritionists.
If selected as one of our Trailblazers by our editorial panel you will receive:
- A place on the Sports Nutrition Congress programme: participation in the Trailblazer session
- Access to the full programme including all presentations and networking sessions - your chance to connect to some of the biggest business and academic names in sports nutrition
- Accommodation at Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
- Coverage in NutraIngredients, including preview articles and the opportunity to appear in our multimedia coverage of the event.
To qualify your organisation must have been incorporated in the last three years.
Your entry should include:
- 500 word profile/overview of your company and its innovative products or market approach
- 250 word opinion on a key challenge in sports nutrition
- Links to website and relevant further information
To apply, please contact conference producer Chloe Spears by email by clicking here. The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2018.