Stratum Nutrition® is a specialty health ingredient supplier offering a portfolio of branded ingredients developed in collaboration with global partnerships, based on consumer need, and supported by science. Stratum specializes in condition-specific categories which include structural, digestive and immune health to offer full solutions for human, companion animal and equine nutrition. Leveraging the Novus International core competencies in nutritional research and innovation, these ingredients are progressive, safe and reliable. Stratum’s ingredient portfolio includes: BLIS K12® for ENT immune health & breath support, BLIS M18® for dental health, NEM® for joint health, ESC® for bone health, and ACTAZIN™ for digestive health.
- BLIS K12®, Streptococcus salivarius (S. salivarius), is one of the most numerous bacterial strains found in the mouth of healthy individuals. However, only a small percent of people have naturally occurring S. salivarius with the health-supporting attributes of BLIS K12. The BLIS K12 strain was originally discovered as scientists tracked the oral health of a child with exceptional throat health for several years. Scientists found that a particular strain of S. salivarius (or BLIS K12) was associated with ear and throat health. It is now marketed as BLIS K12® as an advanced oral-cavity probiotic. This specific and proprietary strain of S. salivarius acts to maintain fresh breath naturally while supporting mouth and upper respiratory tract health.*
- BLIS M18™ is a friendly bacteria that can be used in conjunction with regular oral hygiene practices to establish a healthy balance of natural bacteria in the mouth to support healthy teeth and gums and overall health. BLIS M18 was developed from a specific strain of S. salivarius, a common and beneficial group of oral bacteria, which has been shown to help promote a healthy oral microbiota. BLIS M18 begins to work within the oral cavity, which is its natural habitat. In the oral cavity, BLIS M18 competes with other bacteria for space and nutrients to help establish itself as a beneficial microbial population. Because of BLIS M18’s active colonization capabilities and its effects on the microbiome around it, BLIS M18 helps promote a microbial balance in the oral cavity that supports healthy teeth and gums, and may contribute to overall wellness.*
- NEM® brand eggshell membrane is a natural, food-sourced ingredient that supports joint health. Two new substantial NEM studies will publish soon, including a healthy population study. NEM currently boasts five published clinical trials, including three trials conducted by independent researchers. The published research on NEM show it works fast for discomfort and stiffness – subjects were already seeing beneficial results at 7 and 10 days with only 500 mg per day. The NEM matrix contains hyaluronic acid, glycosaminoglycans (GAGS), collagen and other beneficial proteins that help to nourish joint health. The collagen, as well as other proteins, appear to work as a unit along with the GAGS to help support a healthy inflammatory response. These nutrients help to support joint mobility and the healthy production of cartilage and connective tissue. NEM is a self-affirmed GRAS ingredient manufactured by our joint venture partner, ESM Technologies in their NSF-certified GMP facilities.*
- ESC® brand calcium from eggshells is a naturally pure calcium source compliant with FDA, USP, and California Proposition 65 limits for heavy metals at the full 1,000 mg dose of elemental calcium per day. ESC is one of nature’s purest and most absorbable forms of calcium and comes from a 100% natural, sustainable source – eggshells. ESC is also highly bioavailable – its matrix consists of an ultra-pure form of calcium carbonate, inherent transport proteins to help facilitate calcium absorption, and many trace minerals which the body needs to maintain healthy bone mineral density.* Ask about our new ESC® ORGANIC!
- ACTAZIN™ is a whole-fruit supplement ingredient made of the nutrient dense kiwifruit. This Non-GMO Project Verified ingredient comes from the premium New Zealand green Hayward Kiwifruit which naturally contains vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The kiwifruit is also a natural source of potassium, copper, vitamins C, E, and K, as well as polyphenols, carotenoids and the kiwi-unique enzyme, actinidin. New Zealand has increased UV radiation as compared to other countries around the world of similar latitude. As a consequence, plants respond to elevated levels of UV-B light by increasing the production of secondary metabolites, such as polyphenolics. Utilizing a proprietary cold process, ACTAZIN maintains these key nutrients in the final powder form for supplements. ACTAZIN uses 4-way action to support digestive health: prebiotics, fiber, polyphenols, and enzymes. As a whole-food with prebiotic activity, ACTAZIN is a good combination for probiotic digestive formulas. ACTAZIN may also help support the health of indigenous intestinal bacteria.* Ask about our new ACTAZIN™ ORGANIC!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.