The first ever NutraIngredients Awards is set to be a festival of celebration for the nutraceutical and nutritional ingredients world, with large and small-scale companies featuring in our 20 strong shortlist of finalists.
From the major market forces of DuPont, Stratum Nutrition and Chr Hansen, to innovative SMEs and start-ups, we received more than 125 entries across seven categories. From this, our group of independent and expert judges spent hours sifting the entries down to just 20 shortlisted finalists – who will now go forward for a second round of judging before the winners are announced.
For one special award, the Reader’s Ingredient of the Year, the winner will be chosen by NutraIngredients readers in an online vote that is due to open soon. In this category our readers will be able to choose from the three finalists that have been shortlisted by our judging panel.
And the winners are …
The seven category winners will be revealed at a glittering gala dinner at the 5* Starling Hotel in Geneva on the evening of May 6th, directly after the second day of the Vitafoods Europe show.
To discover the identity of the winners and enjoy an evening of networking and relaxing after the show, book your place at the awards dinner and ceremony on May 6th.
Tickets include a drinks reception and a three course dinner with wine, with individual tickets priced at 170€ and a table of 10 at 1500€. Reserve your place here.
NutraIngredients Awards shortlist 2015
Finished Product of the Year: Heart & Brain
- Happy Heart & Brain Power, Ayanda
- HOWARU® Cardio, DuPont
- Krill Oil for Kids - Orange Burst, Naturalife Health
Finished Product of the Year: Immune
- Bactoblis Infant, Stratum Nutrition
- Blackmores Kids vitamin C + zinc gummies, Blackmores
- Mother's 1st, Chr. Hansen A/S
Finished Product of the Year: Sport & Energy
- BetaATP, Metabolic Technologies Inc / TSI Group Ltd
- Little Dragon Extreme Pre Workout, Future Nutrition
- WakeUp, Inno-Bev Ltd
Start-up Ingredient of the Year
- Almega PL, Qualitas Health
- Fortified ready to serve meals, Fortified Food Coatings BV
University Research of the Year
- Fruits & veg fibre to improve gut microbiota metabolism & reduce lung inflammation, CHUV, Switzerland
- Effect of curcumin on cognitive function and mood in healthy older humans, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- BCM-95 Curcumin to treat major depression without pharma side effects assessed over time, Murdoch University, Australia
Editor's Choice Award
- MarisMix OmegaPassion DHA, Imperial-Oel-Import
- ProdigestDaily™, Lensculinaris
- Orgen-I, Orgenetics
Readers' Ingredient of the Year
- BCM- 95® curcumin, Arjuna Natural Extracts
- CocOganic™, NP Nutra
- Liquid BioCell LIFE, SKIN and SPORT, Jusuru International