Vitafoods investment hunt: 14 start-ups on menu
Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) will bring the start-ups and potential investors together between noon and 18:00 on Monday May 4. The 3-day Vitafoods expo and conference runs may 5-7.
The 14 start-ups are:
- A natural food or supplement ingredient for pre-diabetes based on an enzymatically hydrolysed protein from egg white
- Developer of a patented biopolymer and fibers with prebiotic effects for digestive and cardiovascular health
- Patented supplements and diagnostics for eating disorders and obesity
- Developer of a soluble oat beta-glucan that allows digestive health claims but doesn’t increase viscosity in beverages
- Clinical stage biotech company developing ingredients with a focus on cognition and metabolic function
- Developer of a fruit extract with anti-hypertensive properties shown to reduce systolic blood pressure
- Nutrigenomic biotechnology company developing natural nutritionally active ingredients for functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Natural products company developing and testing proprietary nutraceutical and cosmeceutical ingredients for age-related diseases.
- Developer of food supplements, skin care products and soluble curcumin drink
- Developer of innovation centre for manufacturing of functional foods in India
- Develop of functional ingredients from the bran of different cereal grains with prebiotic properties.
- Sports Nutrition products for athletes and active people over the age of 35.
- Developer of an improved yeast using a unique non-GMO proprietary technology used for bakery, supplements, brewers and animal feed
- Lemonade 'smart drink' with agave and shisandra, targeting women
San Diego-based NCN chief Grant Ferrier us of the investors: “With investors from the world’s leading food, pharma, consumer product and ingredient companies, in addition to private equity and venture firms focused on health and wellness, NCN presenters have access to a motivated group well versed in their industry.”
Since 2007 San Diego-based NPN has exposed around 360 SMEs to venture capitalists looking to invest in companies with unique propositions in the nutrition space. 190 of them had received a cash injection of some kind.
More information can be found here.