Winners in 13 categories including nutrient-focused entrants, finished products, university research, start-ups and 3rd party service providers will be announced at the Starling Hotel on 10 May in Geneva on the second evening of Vitafoods Europe. If last year is anything to go by a joyous jamboree is on the cards!
Our independent judging panel will for the 3rd year running decide winners in 11 categories, with two categories – in association with Vitafoods Europe – decided by NutraIngredients readers in an online poll. Last year we received more than 130 entries.
Criteria has been simplified and clarified for 2017, so take a look below in each of the categories to see how you can achieve nutra stardom. The awards are global and not limited to European entrants.
- Readers’ Ingredient of the Year – in association with Vitafoods Europe 2017
- Ingredient of the Year – Healthy Ageing
- Ingredient of the Year – Weight Management
- Ingredient of the Year – Sport & Energy
- Ingredient of the Year – Immunity
- Ingredient of the Year – Heart Health
- Ingredient of the Year – Infant Nutrition
- Personalised Nutrition Initiative of the Year
- Readers’ Food Supplement of the Year – in association with Vitafoods Europe 2017
- Healthy Food of the Year
- Startup of the Year
- University Research of the Year
- Service Provider of the Year
“We’ve added some ingredient-based categories and revamped entry criteria across-the-board to better target true nutrition innovation – wherever it may come from,” said NutraIngredients senior editor Shane Starling.
“There is so much happening in food supplements, healthy foods and nutrition around the world you can never capture it all, but we hope the independence of these awards will provide some kind of measure of what is truly innovative in global nutrition. The kind of work that improves people’s lives, optimises health and performance and reduce diseases deserves reward and recognition and that is what the NutraIngredients Awards are all about.”
“250 folks from all over the world had a smashing night at the Awards ceremony last year in Geneva and we can’t wait to make it all happen again in 2017. Come forth all ye nutra stars!”
The Awards are open for entries until February 3 2017.