ABSTRACT DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!
One day remains: IPA World Congress + Probiota 2018 wants your ground breaking research abstracts!
The scientific committee of the IPA World Congress + Probiota 2018 is calling for submission of abstracts for this year's event. Don’t miss your chance to present! Deadline for entries is 24th November 2017.
Organized by the publishers of NutraIngredients, in partnership with the International Probiotics Association (IPA), the IPA World Congress + Probiota 2018 will combine the latest insights from science, regulation and business to provide delegates with the ultimate event to bridge the gap between the worlds of business and scientific research.
Want to get involved in the IPA World Congress + Probiota 2018?
FIND OUT MORE, AND SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT HERE
Moving to Barcelona for its 2018 edition, the congress will explore the frontier of pre-, probiotic and microbiome science, and how that is applied in the commercial world for food and nutraceutical players everywhere.
We want you!
We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies and welcome abstracts from those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health, particularly those representing successful academia-industry interactions.
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by the Probiota Scientific Committee made up of leading experts from the fields of pre- and probiotics.
Successful abstracts will be presented as either oral presentations or posters at the event February 7-9 in Barcelona, Spain.
Furthermore, those whose abstracts are accepted will receive a 50% discount on the delegate place.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are highly encouraged to submit abstracts:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
- Application and development of “-omics” approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains. Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and wellbeing, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
- Early findings from large scale research projects and clinical trials
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
- Human intervention studies
Where applicable the potential for commercial application of the research should be highlighted to support the Probiota aims of bridging the interface between academia and industry.
To download the abstract guidelines, please click HERE.
IPA World Congress + Probiota 2018: On the Agenda
Already on the agenda this year are engaging sessions on modulating the microbiome for sports performance, consumer understanding of pre- and probiotics, the importance of the microbiota in the first 1000 days of life, plus sessions looking at the latest microbiome start-up trailblazers and targeting diseases through the microbiome. In addition, don’t miss key updates from the IPA and dynamic panel discussions will look at how the recent changes to ISAPPs prebiotic definition may be changing the game and how personalised nutrition and wearable devices are starting to alter the shape of research and business.
To find out more about the outline agenda for the congress, click here.