The partnership will allow UK-based distributor Blagden exclusive rights to supply Taiyo’s ingredients to food, drink and nutrition companies in the UK and Ireland.
The deal will cover Taiyo ingredients including:
- matcha powder from green tea leaves,
- SunAmla superfruit extract,
- SunActive delivery system for iron, zinc or Coenzyme Q10,
- SunFibre natural soluble bean fibre
- Sunphenon green tea extract
- Suntheanine brand of L-theanine
- WGCP: Whole green coffee powder for sustained caffeine release
“There’s a real demand in the industry for natural, innovative ingredients which bring added health advantages to products,” said Graham Turton, Blagden CEO. “That’s why we’re delighted to announce our new distribution agreement with Taiyo, which has a long-standing record of excellence in this area.”
“We anticipate considerable demand for its high-quality ingredients, in particular from beverage companies for dietary and sports drinks, protein shakes and more,” he said.
Stefan Siebrecht, Managing Director Taiyo GmbH said the company is happy to team up with Blagden as its exclusive and dedicated distributor for the UK market.
“For Taiyo the UK is one of the five key markets in Europe for functional food, beverages and dietary supplements,” he added.