Omega-3s continue to be the biggest category of dietary supplement industry, and despite concerns over stagnating sales, the fatty acids remain a star player in the nutritional ingredients segment.
Since its formation in 2006 GOED has represented the worldwide EPA and DHA omega-3 industry. It’s biannual GOED exchange event brings together the omega-3 industry.
Speaking to NutraIngredients, GOED executive director Ellen Schutt said the event tries to bring together the omega-3 industry to talk about issues of importance, create networking opportunities and provide important information to help companies stay on top of business.
“The theme of this year’s conference is growth in the omega-3 industry,” explained Schutt. “Right now we’re trying to help our attendees figure out ways to stimulate growth.”
The biennial event for omega-3 professionals will take place February 4-6, 2020 in Barcelona, Spain at the Hotel Arts.
The 2020 Exchange brings together thought leaders and the brightest minds in the omega-3s industry, for conversation, networking and education.
Featured sessions include:
• New York Times best-selling author Seth Stephens-Davidowitz explaining what your customers’ Google searches tell you about how they think
• Important omega-3 scientific updates on the latest brain and cognitive health research as well as a landmark study about to be published on omega-3s and dose-response in cardiovascular outcomes
• A comprehensive presentation on consumer insights and market dynamics and how they can stimulate growth in the omega-3 category
• A special interactive “omega-3 sensory experience” session
• A presentation looking at “tele-medicine” and how the medical paradigm is changing
• Plus, sessions on omega-3 policy, supply chain issues and much more