After a record-breaking number of abstracts in 2023, NutraIngredients invites authors from around the world to submit abstracts for presentation at our Scientific Frontiers Session at Probiota in Milan, Italy in February 2024. Don’t miss your chance to present!
Our Scientific Frontiers cover the latest state-of-the-art developments related to prebiotic, probiotic and microbiome science relevant to human health, well-being, consumers and industry.
We have extended the deadline for entries until October 27th!
*NEW FOR 2024*
NutraIngredients is pleased to announce that there are now 2 categories for submission: Researchers will be required to select if they are submitting their abstracts as industry research or as student-led research projects (open to PhD students). As part of this new selection to support those upcoming in the industry, the winning student-led abstract author will receive an all-expenses* paid trip to attend Probiota 2024.
The top-rated industry abstract will receive a complimentary delegate place** to attend Probiota, have the opportunity to present their research live from the stage as part of the 2024 Probiota programme and a 2024 Scientific Frontiers Trophy.
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by our Scientific Committee made up of leading experts from the fields of pre- and probiotics. All accepted abstracts will be invited to present a poster at our event in Milan, while the winning abstract will be invited to give a presentation during the Probiota.
We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies and welcome abstracts from those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health, particularly those representing successful academia-industry interactions.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
- Application and development of “-omics” approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains. Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and wellbeing, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
- Early findings from large scale research projects and clinical trials
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
- Human intervention studies
To download a copy of the abstract guidelines, please click HERE.
* The all-expenses paid trip to attend Probiota 2024 is for one student author and includes:
• A delegate place with access to the full three days of the event
• Hotel accommodation( including breakfast) on Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th February 2024 at the NH Congress Hotel Milan
• Lunch on Thursday 8th and Friday 9th February at Probiota
• Dinner on Thursday 8th February at the Probiota Social Evening
• Return economy travel to/from the event up to the value of €500 (travel will be reimbursed upon receipts supplied with invoice)
• Any additional expenses are the responsibility of the author
** The complimentary delegate place is for one industry author and includes:
• Access to the full three days of Probiota including networking events. It does not include hotel accommodation, travel and/or any other expenses.