Our award for 'Healthy Ageing Ingredient of the Year' in 2020 went to Naturex for their Flowens product, a full spectrum cranberry powder engineered to relieve the lower urinary tract symptoms, after judges were impressed with the level of scientific evidence to back up the product.
Dan Souza, global product manager at Naturex, says: "We chose to enter our Flowens product because it’s a tested ingredient with numerous clinical studies backing its efficacy and it targets a very large segment of the population.
"We worked as a team with the product managers to provide the required documentation, create a video, and answer a number of questions provided by the NI team. It was a great way to showcase our ingredient, as the event is well-promoted across the NutraIngredients platforms.
"Our Science & Technology team in particular was delighted to receive this recognition from a leading and respected channel like NutraIngredients.
"The win provided a great opportunity to show our clients, via a trusted external organization, that Naturex is capable of producing very robust science."
Following the success of our virtual awards in 2020, our 2021 ceremony will return in virtual format with winners being announced in an online presentation on Wednesday 12th May 2021.
Souza adds: "We will absolutely apply for the awards again, we see the NutraIngredients Awards as a great opportunity to seek recognition for our scientifically backed ingredients."
Entries are open now and the closing date for entries is 18th January 2021.
This year, we have added five new categories, making 16 awards available which aim to celebrate the best ingredients, finished products, research, companies, innovations and people that industry has to offer in key consumer categories.
This is your chance to stand out as a leader in your market segment and showcase your success and innovation to the rest of the industry in the following areas
- Ingredient of the Year: Beauty from Within
- Ingredient of the Year: Cognitive Function
- Ingredient of the Year: Healthy Ageing
- Ingredient of the Year: Prebiotic
- Ingredient of the Year: Sports Nutrition
- Ingredient of the Year: Weight Management
- Product of the Year: Botanical
- Product of the Year: Immune Support
- Product of the Year: Omega-3
- Product of the Year: Probiotic
- Product of the Year: Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition Research Project
- Personalised Nutrition Initiative
- Start-up Award
- Editors Award for Functional Foods Innovation