This year’s finalists have fought off serious competition after the event received a record-breaking number of entries. But there can be only one winner for each of our 16 categories. Register your interest to get an email reminder for the virtual event.
In anticipation for the event, we spoke to some of our award finalists to hear how this accolade impacts them.
The microbiome-focused personalised nutrition company Atlas Biomed is up for our ‘Personalised Nutrition Initiative’ award. Elena Smith, Communications and PR Director at Atlas Biomed, says the NutraIngredients Awards is the, “equivalent of the Oscars in the personalised nutrition world”.
She says: “Being associated with this award is a fantastic way to gain good publicity and raise our profile among industry experts and the professional community. It’s also a constant self-evaluation process that keeps us on our toes and in perpetual forward motion.”
Also in the running for the same award, is the personalised nutrition and tailored supplements company Vitmedics. A spokesperson for the company said: “Vitmedics entered the Nutraingredients awards simply because we believe the channel to be the most influential and credible medium in Europe and beyond. Having been fortunate enough to win this sponsors competition in Asia for personalised nutrition last year we recognise the kudos the prize and Nutraingredients name and endorsement brings to any brand in terms of credibility and commercial opportunity.
“To be considered as a finalist is a true objective endorsement of our business in that it demonstrates our proposition has been scrutinised by some of the finest and most respected minds in the industry and is also worthy of comparison with other key leaders in this sector.“
The bladder control supplement, Urox, from the Seipel Group, was chosen as a finalist for the ‘Ingredients of the Year: Health Ageing’ award as well as the ‘Product of the Year: Botanical’ award. Speaking about the honour, Kirsten Fitzpatrick, Marketing Manager Australia, Seipel Group, said: “We entered the awards because recognition from NutraIngredients, the international industry leader, and from our peers is invaluable for us.
“We are now eagerly anticipating the judging, as winning a category would be the achievement of the year for us. We are planning a celebratory gathering and have invited our clients and suppliers to join us to watch the awards on the 12th.”
After being chosen as finalist for our ‘Product of the Year: Probiotic’ award, a spokesperson for Biome Life said: “At Activated Probiotics, we recognise that Nutraingredients delivers the highest quality and most comprehensive reporting of all sectors of the health and nutrition supplement industry. Activated Probiotics resonates with the way Nutraingredients champions the latest science and technology in the European health supplement industry, and this is what motivated us to nominate one of our most exciting and evidence-based probiotic products, Biome Lift, for the Product of the Year: Probiotic award.
“Nutraingredients are the experts of our industry, and the finalists and winners of the Nutraingredients Awards truly reflect the most innovative and outstanding contributors in our industry across Europe.”
And in the running to win our ‘Start-up Award’, is the plant-powered cognitive health drink brand Clutch Cognition. Rune Laursen, CEO and founder of the startup, told us: “We have been avid followers of NutraIngredients ever since it was founded. To be nominated and potentially stand as winners of a NutraIngredients Award with our product that we have put so much soul and passion into, is not only a huge pad on the back, but, importantly, a testament that our nutritional beliefs are recognised amongst peers.
"To attain this kind of acclaim from some of the sharpest minds of the functional nutrition industry makes the hardship of the past four years of product development so much more worthwhile. It is a milestone we had hoped to achieve eventually, though positively surprised to experience already at the very debut of our commercial endeavor.”
With so much excitement and opportunity in this industry, there's a huge number players in this field looking for recognition of their excellence. This year’s categories and associated finalists are:
Ingredient of the Year
- Atopic Dermatitis Probiotic Formulation, ADM Biopolis
- Dermaval™, FutureCeuticals - vaneeghen
- Morikol, DolCas Biotech
- affron®, PHARMACTIVE BIOTECH PRODUCTS
- cognitaven®, Anklam Extrakt
- CONCENTAL, Finzelberg
- CONCENTAL, Finzelberg
- Safr’Inside™, Activ'Inside
- Urox, Seipel Group
- Bimuno, Clasado Biosciences
- Livaux, Anagenix
- Olifructine(tm) AFs - Organic Agave Fructans, Nutriagaves
- Creapure®, AlzChem Trostberg
- Enxtra®, Enovate Biolife
- HydroCurc®, Pharmako Biotechnologies
- Bergacyn FF, DolCas Biotech
- Liposan Ultra, Primex Iceland
- SynBalance® MetSyn, ROELMI HPC
Product of the Year
- CAPS cerebro featuring Rhodiolife®, Nektium Pharma
- Ovosicare - Caronositol Fertility, Biosearch Life
- Urox, Seipel Group
- Pro Inmuno, IENP
- Vitamin D3000 Oral Spray, BetterYou
- Wild Earth Immune Support, Natures Aid
- Möller’s Cod Liver Oil, Orkla Health
- RINGANA BEYOND omega, RINGANA
- UnoCardio® VEGAN, WHC LABS BV
- Biome Lift, Activated Probiotics
- EnteroSatys, TargEDys
- Sivomixx®800, Ormendes
- Protein Rebel Reload, Protein Rebel
- Revvies Energy Strips, Revvies Energy Strips
- Sports ProResolve™, Azur Global Nutrition
- Heat-treated Bifidobacterium lactis (HT-BPL1) postbiotic, ADM
- Immunity Blend, Alianza Team USA
- Nanocapsules of proteins, Nucaps Nanotechnology
The winner of the NutraChampion Award will be announced during the virtual awards ceremony.
- BPL1 LTA MoA, ADM Biopolis
- Characterization of a cohort and specialized nutritional intervention in patients suffering Long Covid with the aim of improving their quality of life. “ARACOV”, Solutex GC.
- Lactobacillus plantarum WJL, a Precibiomic(r) strain promoting capacity for protein degradation to enhance juvenile growth and host nutrition, TargEDys
- Atlas Health food tracking app - APP Store, Atlas Biomed
- Qina platform of personalised nutrition solutions, Qina
- www.vitmedics.com with vitamin detector, total health and wellbeing
- Clutch Cognition ApS
- KÄÄPÄ Biotech / Nordic Mushrooms