The Belgian brand, PharmaNutrics, was founded by pharmacist Nikolaas DeBusschere in 2014.
The company, whose US arm goes under the name PharmaNutrics USA, claims as a differentiator that its ‘Plus’ line of products feature “unique blends of high-quality ingredients.”
The brand’s VP of innovation, Ine Ravelingien, a Belgian pharmacist by training who now resides in Texas, will help spearhead the brand’s launch in the US.
The initial, direct-to-consumer launch will consist of five products:
- SerotomixPlus, marketed for chronic stress and anxiety, features thiamin, vitamin D and B6 as well as inositol, a neurotransmitter precursor;
- GlucanPlus for immune support, which features 1,3/1,6 beta glucan;
- Gaba 600 for short-term stress, which features a 600 mg of gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter;
- EnergixPlus to fight fatigue, which features a blend of Eleuthero, Rhodiola, Maca and Ashwagandha;
- CurcumixPlus for musculoskeletal and anti-inflammatory support, featuring a mixture of Boswellia serrata and Curcuma longa extracts.
The brand claims that several additional products will launch in 2022. In addtion, the company says it plans to develop a healthcare practitioner network to distribute the products.
Sams Club deal
Meanwhile, Scottsdale, AZ-based WR Consumer Brands announced a deal for wider distribution of its BareOganics line of supplements on samsclub.com, the ecommerce arm of the brick and mortar membership warehouse retailer, owned by the same parent company as Walmart.
“We know consumers continue to crave and purchase whole, healthful foods and supplements, which is why BareOrganics is thrilled to be featured on a platform that has the ability to reach so many nationwide,” said Renee Niles, executive vice president of sales.
As part fo the deal the company said it would formulate products exclusively for sale on samsclub.com. The new products are ‘superfood’ powders aimed at immune boosting, healthy sleep, stress and sports performance.
In addition to BareOrganics, the company sells a broad line of supplements under the Newton Everett Nutraceuticals brand name, a line of probiotic supplements under the Probiogen name, and also offers OTC drugs and personal care products.